Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Worker Bee

Hello all and thank you for your comments. The mice are still causing sleepless nights as Susie carries on her sniffling hunt through the early hours. I left more lights on last night and it seemed a bit calmer - less scurrying - although that could be due to the fact I passed out through mice induced exhaustion and a minor IBS attack.

I have now been in my job for just over 3 months and am now really getting to grips with things. Especially this last month it feels like things have really clicked into place. There are still a few mistakes and some nervousness but it's getting better. The turning point came when my boss was poorly and also having to go on site a lot. So I began devising my own routine and processes to get the work done.
It helps that my boss is very brave and leaves me to do important stuff alone with only a cursory glance at the figures. I'm never let lose with the bank payments though - thank goodness.
The people I work with are funny and interesting. They make me laugh a lot and being mainly men it is quite an education. Breed apart for sure ha.

Isn't it a relief when the low lack of energy feeling post virus begins to lift. I've done a long work day, a quick dash to pick up son after footie via the supermarket, made pancakes, washed up, made dinner, washed up and then did a pile of washing. In time to sit down to watch a little footie on TV.  Mind you am ready for bed but it's a normal feeling not the washed out heavy miserable feeling I've had.

Take care x

3 comments:

  1. Glad the job seems to be going so well. It can take a while to settle into something new especially when you've been out of circulation for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, it's horrible feeling so exhausted all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to sit down and say sod everything and watch some football. And Hazard remember, always make sure to relax and read a book if only for 10 minutes each day, whatever it is, pick up something and unwind.xx

    ReplyDelete