Pages

Thursday 16 April 2015

Off the Wagon

Hello.

Hope you are well.

My gluten free diet has been a bit erratic recently. It all started with a nibble on a rich tea biscuit at work which opened the flood gates. The most delicious 'slip' has been a doughnut with pink icing and sprinkles at a family bbq, actually 2...no 3 just remembered the reduced one I bought a few days later. I have even had a bit of white bread.  Dinner tonight with include Chinese pancakes.
I thought to myself maybe I will be gluten reduced to match the meat reduced diet I have started. But slowly it has occurred to me that I think I am gaining the symptoms I had before. The indigestion has not returned but other things have. My tiredness could be due to getting used to the early school runs after the Easter break. In fact everything could be explained away by something else but I know when I was gluten free I felt a lot better. Will have to dig deep for some resolve and return to the gluten free. What with that and the spring fever I get due to summer being on it's way there will be no stopping me.

I had a day off from work today which makes little difference to the beginning of the morning but it's nice to sit in a traffic jam on the return journey and not panic - if you see what I mean. I always try and give Susie a quick walk every morning but it's not enough so today we set out on a mega one. She really was in the mood for it and for once ran around and had fun. She chased sticks in the brook and made me laugh. With the lighter evenings I should hopefully get her out a bit more except she was a bugger last year for refusing her walks. Jack Russell's can be very strong when they want to, even cheese wouldn't make her budge. Was it someone on a blog that said dogs please you, Jack Russell's please themselves.

I managed to walk around with toothpaste on my t shirt again all day at least it was the park and not work this time.

Take care
x

9 comments:

  1. Jack Russell's are funny little dogs aren't they. My sister has two they came to stay recently, and one will persistently sit in my lap as soon as I sit down, now matter how many times I put her back on the floor lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds just like mine, never gives up...ever x

      Delete
  2. One of our Jack Russell's barks at my daughters boyfriend even though he's been around for six months and has pretty much moved in. He starts every time he sees him? I can honestly say that they've never refused a walk!
    I usually have something on my t-shirt most days. As my chest is rather large it usually catches anything dribbling down my chin! Aren't I lucky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really made me laugh with your chest comment...snap. x

      Delete
  3. One of my first dogs was a Jack Russell, my hubby brought her home from a farm, her owner was going to shoot her because she killed a cow. She chased it round a small field and it dropped dead, probably heart. Susie was only about 6 months old and we had her for 17 years, she was the sweetest little girl, I kept her well away from cattle though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely, mine is Susie as well. I really hope she lives to 17. x

      Delete
  4. I'm just the same as Bridget! I def feel sluggish when lured in by what I call crack cocaine, that's thick warburtons white bread toasted. I don't put it down to gluten as such, just the bread. I'm trying to avoid it too. But I read somewhere one, that once you eliminate something from your diet, your body reacts, BECAUSE you eliminate it! Just do what feels best for you! But ohhhh, doughnuts mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...with pink icing icing and sprinkles, how could I resist. x

      Delete
  5. You have got me thinking about doughnuts now....

    ReplyDelete