Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Seized Up

Last night for about one dreadful hour I could not text. Messaging would not work. It was frozen. Did I have a really important message to give or receive? Did I heck. And yet I was in a foul mood (or fowl as I first put). 'Poor son' tried all he could; uninstalling apps, killing them, and I was on forums. Clear the cache (no idea) he said or back to the old Nokia brick.

But wait, what did he mean I would lose all the levels I had gained on Angry Birds. I could put up with that I suppose. But Coin Dozer, all my prizes would disappear. It's a free app game thingy and its like the coin falls games in the arcades from years ago. the coins and prizes drop and you feed them right back in for more virtual prizes. I love it. I have not gone so far as to spend real money for virtual dozer dollars and coins. Although once I did watch an long advert online in return for free coins, Very sad but o you should see the prizes I gained that day. I am a fool.

Back to the seized up phone. I had an idea that often works with the TV remote. I took the battery out and gave it a little warm up then popped in back in. It worked. The phone is souped up and ready to go, just waiting to actually need to send a message now.


The smart phones we have were from my first swap. First swap and first smart phone. A bike that was outgrown but in lovely condition for 2 outdated but newer that what we had phones. It felt great. Bartering or swapping. What a system. I remember in the Faith Addis books something about a bartering scheme amongst the smallholders of the area. Does this happen? I think it was for jobs and skills as well as things. I could live like that for sure. Good way of getting rid of gluts maybe....courgette anyone?

6 comments:

  1. I swap and trade skills all the time, it helps all involved and we all keep our cash where it belongs, in our pockets. My latest was a bag and cat bed that I made out of charity shop curtains and scraps for a Craft light that would have cost me over £50. Win win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy the stuff you make.You are very talented. It's made me get a bit of a craft box together and find my crochet hook. Am truly awful though and that's without false modesty

      Delete
  2. I would love to join in a bartering group but they only seem to work in towns or cities. We tried to get something started with the Suffolk Smallholders Society - many years ago- but people were so spread out around the county it never got going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the books they were rural so not sure how it worked. Great books truly awful TV prog that followed though

      Delete
  3. The name of your blog made me smile and then reading through some back posts I kept smiling, so I will have to follow to see what you get up to next. A lovely blog from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your lovely comments. I'm glad you liked the name not sure if it puts people off a bit. But its my reality

      Delete